Sunday, August 17, 2014

4D3N trip to Maldives

Ever wonder what does a paradise look like? Look no further, Maldives is what I would interpret a paradise as. Turquoise water, exotic fishes, clear blue sky, white sandy beaches, what more can I ask for .

Maldives consists of many tiny islands or what you call as atolls. (See picture below). The people there lead a very simple life and most of them own a boat rather than a car as they travel from island to island. Do not expect to shop much at Maldives besides artwork, beachwear and sarong. Also, do note that everything is charged in USD.



Like most tourists who visited Maldives, we went there for their resort instead of travelling around the city as we heard from others that the whole city can be covered within an hour and there is nothing much to discover. However, to get around to any places in Maldives from the airport, one must either take a boat ride or a seaplane.

It was quite an experience taking the seaplane ( The plane was rather cute :)  ). We paid 300USD per pax. With that kind of amount spend, I expected the plane to be rather luxurious but it was not the case. The ventilation was bad, it was very cramp inside and the ride was bumpy. However we reached at least 1.5 hr earlier than those who took the speedboat, so I guess we were paying for the time.






I would recommend the all-inclusive package rather than the half-board when booking a resort as it is much more worth while there. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is all included. Even the activities were planned out for us. Fuss free and easy. The resort that we opted was Veligandu Island Resort. And OMG, that place is gorgeous!!!








We were each given a welcome drink and briefing were given to us by the staff. The staff there were all very friendly and they would personally lead us to our villa and explain where items were kept, what to take notice of, etc




A video of how my beautiful villa looks like:



I had a wonderful first day there as I celebrated my 26th birthday. I was given a birthday cake by the resort for free. I was surprise that they gave a whole cake instead of just a slice as many hotels would have just offered me a slice of cake. The cake was really yummy too and had my name on it :)



We were spoilt for choice with the variety of food that was offered at the buffet dinner. We had free flow of alcoholic drinks too as it is included in the package.



Upon reaching back to the villa, we were given a bottle of complimentary red wine.



The following day, we travelled to Rasdhoo island to explore the lifestyle of Maldivian. It was a 40mins boat ride there. The town was really small and quiet. You can experience how laid back the lifestyle is for Maldivians. Interesting part of the island was there were paintings/ graffiti on the walls.



Fast forward to the third day, we had a 15 minute complimentary massage ( which was done facing the beautiful sea) and a sunset dolphin tour.









Other activities that we did during the trip were snorkeling (I had so much fun exploring exotic fishes), playing pool, table soccer, eating, taking beautiful pictures and just purely relaxing.

















Before I knew it, it was time to go :(   
I really enjoyed this trip and I hope to visit this place I call paradise once again.

Veligandu





No comments:

Post a Comment