Friday, June 27, 2014

Soft Peanut Butter Cookies

Being unemployed and having almost nothing to do apart from job hunting all day long causes a certain kind of stress. One that I have learned to manage through activities I find somewhat comforting. One of which is cooking. 

This comes with the added bonus of feeding the boyfriend who, as of recent, has become rather fiendy for the snacks at night. Nothing is as bad as cooking and having to throw food away because it doesn't get eaten and has gone bad. 

After watching an episode of Masterchef recently, I've been wanting to try these.

This recipe is easy, inexpensive and quick.






What you will need:

1 and 1/4 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup peanut butter (I've used one no sugar added in mine)
1 egg
50 grams butter
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence


Directions:

1. Mix the butter, raw sugar and sugar in a large mixing bowl. I do not own an electric mixer so I've done all my mixing by hand, with a fork. 

2. Add in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla essence and mix. 

3. Mix in the flour and baking powder.

4. Let the batter rest in the fridge for a bit. I left mine in for about 45 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 175 degrees (fan-forced)

5. Lay baking paper on a tray and roll the batter into balls. Like Matt Preston, I wanted to be fancy and i pressed a fork into each of the rolled balls, also to flatten them out a little.

6. Bake the cookies for about 13 minutes. 

7. When done, leave to cool. 

Now you have chewy, soft peanut butter cookies!

I hope you'll enjoy them like I have. :)








 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds DELICIOUS. I need to try it out hehe XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it soon. Its really yummy and easy to make. Thank you for your support and do let us know how it went :)

      Delete