Sunday, June 22, 2014

Places to visit in Dubai for 3D2N

As I am someone who loves to travel to different places, I told myself why not do a traveling post on this blog. A TRAVELING SECTION!! <3
I am more than happy to share all of my traveling experiences with you guys. Hope you will love this new category :)

So to start off with the very first post, I have decided to do a traveling post on Dubai.
Dubai was actually a stopover for me from Turkey to Singapore, therefore the time I spend there was only 3D2N.
Even though the time spend there was short, I fell in love with this country. It is really a luxurious country, beautiful vehicles and infrastructure over there.  Ok, enough with the talking. Time for me to show you the places I went in Dubai :)



1. Burj Al Arab




This is the famous 7 stars hotel in Dubai. It is well-known for its "yatch" look-alike infrastructure and its stunning gold interior. To enter into this hotel, one must either stay there or dine in. Therefore I have decided to dine in there.



The lobby of the hotel and its colorful fountain



My Bf and I decided to make our reservation at Skyview Bar for afternoon tea there.









Delicious food, drinks and friendly waiters. Roses were also given to female customers :)



View from skybar





Cool entrance of the bar. Overall, I am very pleased with what I had paid for. It is really worth a visit having high tea there.
We paid 560 AED per pax = SGD 190.50. Although its a little pricy to some, but I would still say go for it.  For more information on the reservation, prices and timing.
You can visit this website : http://www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/Dubai/burj-al-arab/offers/burj-al-arab-afternoon-tea/

2. Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo 





Dubai Aquarium









From my BF funny poses, you can see that we had a pretty pleasant time there.
It costs us 85 AED per pax = SGD 29. The aquarium and the underwater zoo was really well maintained and the colors in there was beautiful. Even the fishes look happy there. haha
For more info, you can visit their website : http://www.thedubaiaquarium.com/


3. Burj Khalifa 



The tall building behind me is the famous Burj Khalifa Tower. The tallest building in the world. Yes, the weather was really hot that day as I visited Dubai during the hottest period :(







On the way to the top of Burj Khalifa





View from the top of Burj Khalifa.. Can you see how sandy the air is?



Remember this famous scene from mission impossible starring tom cruise. Well, looks like he is not the only one who can climb burj khalifa as my bf can climb it to. So how did they do it?



Ahh, so that's how Hollywood film this scene!

It costs us 125AED = SGD $42.25 per pax to visit this place. I personally feel that I am paying that amount just to step in to the tallest building in the world. Other than that, there's really nothing much to see and do.
For more information, you can visit their website: http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/

4. Alanta Desert Safari Ride and tour 



One of the highlight of this trip was the desert safari tour. It was a last minute plan to book this tour. I am not sure which tour was it as we just referred to the brochures given by the hotel. All you need to do is just let the hotel staff know that you are interested in this package, pay them, and the rest will be arranged for you. This is a popular activity when in Dubai.


With our driver Reza. He taught us how to pose for our pictures and even invited us to his house to celebrate ramandan, but too bad we were flying off on that night.  We were his first customer from Singapore.





Had so much riding through the sand. But those with motion-sickness, be warned!!



So after the desert ride, we alighted at Alanta Desert camp. Where there were camel rides and sand boarding for us to try. The camel ride was really fun, and the camels were really tall!  Surprisingly, they do not stink at all.


We got to try out the native costumes there. Do we look like Arabians there?






BBQ dinner and traditional dance performances were provided. We made friends with koreans, germans and japanese there. So I really had lots of there!

I hope you enjoy my very first traveling post. 






No comments:

Post a Comment