Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick (Edited)




First things first, i am not a lipstick person. I own many sticks of lipstick, but only put them on like a couple of times a year. I am particular about the smell and stickiness of gloss and lipsticks. Revlon's colorburst has neither, which is everything that matters to me and enough to make me run to the store and purchse it at a price of around $23 at Watsons or supermarkets like Carrefour, Giant and Mustafa.

Fuchsia, True Red, Soft Nude 
For everyone else, what i absolutely love about Revlon's Colorburst are the bright shades they come in. On a totally different note, doesn't a bright new stick of lipstick make you want to just bite it off? Heh. Okay, back to the lipstick. It is really smooth making it easy to apply and has a glossy finish!


The down side is, it doesn't really stay on. Because of how smooth and "liquidy" it is, the lipstick pretty much transfers on to anything that brushes past it. Imagine this, i reach to touch the tip of my nose to feel for black heads, and my hand brushes past my lips. That's about all it takes and a chunk of the lipstick comes off. 


070 Soft nude
Because the colours are so bright, everyone around me notices but me, because i'm busy with feeling my nose.
Another thing that happens, is it gets messy at the edges. This could be prevented with lip liner i think, but i never really had the habit of using lip liner. When you already have thick lips, messy around the edges in bright colours(especially red),  mean even thicker lips. Think Dolly Parton. 



090 True Red
Despite the not so good things about the lipstick, i still enjoy using it on nights out because of how damn pretty they make my lips look.





030 Fuchsia



Tip: Try on new styles of make up on nights out (read: a day with the girls just hanging out, not a hot date cause you don't want to experiment on important nights like that

Okay, gotta run!


<3 Jacklyn



No comments:

Post a Comment